It will take on average, 2-14 days for a subwoofer to be built and shipped.
**Please understand that this is a refurbished subwoofer.**
Explanation of a refurbished subwoofer: Sub may have scratches, blemishes and not look 100% brand new since we are re-using a working motor and frame (unless a new frame is requested upon purchase), and installing brand new parts inside i.e. cone, coil, spider, triple joint ring, and dust cap. This subwoofer will function just as new and comes with a 30-day guarantee against build defects.
INFORMATION BELOW IS TAKEN FROM THE SUNDOWN WEBSITE
The X v.2 series is the first driver in the Sundown woofer line-up to offer our “ultra-high excursion” suspension and frame designs. The 10, 12, and 15″ models feature our custom tooled and patented frames (US Patent Numbers D691596, D691597, and D691598) and the 18″ model uses the tried and true 18″ 6-spoke with a custom tooled adapter to allow for a full 10″ diameter spider. Optionally our custom tooled 18” frame is available for an extra charge (US Patent Number D741841) – this frame utilizes an 11” spider & changes the coil configuration availability changes to D1 & D2.
We mate these new platforms to a triple stacked 220mm (8.66”) diameter motor structure featuring a hyper-extended pole and extreme clearances (allowing up to 4″ p-p travel before mechanical bottom). This motor drives a 3″ diameter 4-layer CCAW coil wound on a thick aluminum former to incredible levels of excursion. For the v.2 revision we upgraded the coil to a new “black coil” design which handles significantly more heat than the coil form the X v.1 series.
The X v.2 series was designed from the ground-up to become the new standard in the low-frequency / small ported box subwoofer category in this price range. They will work in the same small enclosures that you are used to using for Sundown Audio subwoofers, although, the will tolerate enclosures up to about 50% larger than those if you desire even more low-end extension.
The X v.2 series is really a different kind of woofer due to its incredibly linear suspension. They are designed for the LOWEST level of bass extension possible in a small enclosure while maintaining extremely low levels of distortion.
One of the most obvious changes from the v.1 series is the much larger motor structure (220mm vs. 190mm on the v.1 series). The motor ventilation has also been improved and we also upgraded to the all-new Mega-Roll v.2 surround which is a more linear & more rugged update to our world-famous Mega-Roll v.1 surround design.
Features & Technology:
- Xmax = 30mm one-way by 70% BL
- RMS Power = 1500-watts
- * Vented magnetic gap
- * Optimized high-velocity pole vent
- * Innovative high-velocity vented frame spacer ring
- Black Aluminum 3” voice coil former for superior heat dissipation
- High Temperature Round-Wire CCAW voice coil with high-temp black adhesive
- ** The 18” model with optional tooled Sundown Frame uses a 4-Layer Flat Wire / All Aluminum Coil that is ~30% longer
- Large aluminum faraday ring (Magnet ID)
- Spring Loaded Terminals
- Stitched-On Double-XL Tinsel Leads to prevent fatigue and failure
- Mega-Roll v.2 Surround Technology
- High strength, custom tooled & patented cast aluminum frame
- Optimized for small ported & band-pass enclosures
* — These features combine to create the optimized coil ventilation system.